Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Connections to Play


I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
~Harry S Truman

Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.
~D. Haim Ginott

Cabbage Patch Kids




Growing up with the cabbage patch doll it symbols taking care of something else. It brings back memories of loving and having a partner in everything you do.

Super Nintendo was before the Wii and the Xbox, it was a game system where you can play with the whole family and the games were a fun thing we did as a family. I remember playing with my cousins and thinking this was a good day.

Books are my loves and reading a book with my fellow friends and classmates was very interesting, It transported us to a time of far away fun and it exceeed our thoughts of dreams that we can become or do anything,

My family always supported my play time. My play time did consist of my family members because we were all in the same age. My mother would watch us play with our toys or come up with a game. There are times my family members were included in the games. They loved our imagination and they encouraged to be together and to play with each other and never leaving anyone out. We learned to socialize and engage others, things I still do this to day.

Play today has changed drastically. Children can now play with friends in differents part of the world. Children pay on computers for hours instead of dealing with human contact. The generation gap of non human contact is diminishing. Children are now having myspace, facebook, twitter, these social networks that makes "play" as non existent.

The role of the play has greatly influenced throughout my life. I learned how to deal with a society. I learned how talk to another person. I know how to take turns. I learned how to be a leader and a follower off by "playing."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia,

    it was very interesting fact you provide in your blog how children 'toys' now is become more expensive but more diminishing human contact instead of making it close personally.

    It become the challenge to us all as an educator and the parent.

    Great posting, Cynthia!

    Regards,

    Evita Kartikasari

    ReplyDelete